The plane ascends gently into the soft layers of clouds. They cannot really be seen. It is dark outside. The only stars I see are the artificial ones on the ceiling inside our plane. Dinner is served soon. I will have to get used being among the first persons in the plane who are being served food since I ordered vegetarian meals. Not bad for me but I feel a bit uncomfortable having my food 20 minutes before everyone else.

The entertainment on the plane is great as usual. The movie “Public Enemies” is just about to end. What a great actor this Caribbean Sea – Guy is (I forgot the name… sorry ^^) . The movie is really worth watching! I feel totally drawn to the main actor who plays a gangster in the 1930s. He is smart, has some dark humour, but is very generous and human on the other hand as well. He is also looking for the big love of his life. Which he founds. I don’t want to tell you more about the story at this point. It’s just a really great movie worth watching!

Our plane lands in Dubai. We are taken on a tour with a shuttle bus around the whole airport. That took about 20 minutes. Dubai people must be really proud of their city! (Would have taken about 5 Minutes to get us straight to where we get off) . Security Check and then straight to the toilet. Oh what nice bum showers they have there ;) . Also free water is provided to remove my signs of flight dehydration.

I am then moving to my gate to leave Dubai to Sydney over Bangkok. I’m being seated right next to an Aussi guy. He didn’t talk much. All I get to know about him is that he is a car dealer. I receive my meal first. So not fair ^^.

Bangkok security checks my Baggage! They take my deathly Vaseline out of my hand bag! My lips start cramping up immediately. One level up there’s another security check! Another check for liquids. So unnecessary! They don’t even check my guitar case. I could have a whole aquarium full of explosive liquids in there and they wouldn’t know…

Before boarding I make friends with a guy from Great Britain. He’s a rower and as old as me. Nice guy. It is also heading towards Sydney. I should meet him for a drink.

Same car dealer is seated next to me. Again my food comes first. As usual my guitar is stowed in an under compartment. Thanks Emirates ;) .

Having chosen the window seat is not that good when you really need to go to the toilet while both of your neighbours are sleeping. So I train my bladder a bit and just wait till we land (which is not so easy on an 8 hours flight…) . I choose to sleep for a while to stop thinking about my inner pressure.

We are very close to Sydney when I awake. It feels good being so close to your destination of your dreams. After an hour or so we are right above it! Then the plane smoothly touches the ground and I get off.

0 Kommentare:


 

Copyright 2006| Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly modified and converted to Blogger Beta by Blogcrowds.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.